457 Visa – Temporary Work (Skilled)
The 457 Visa allows an approved business to sponsor a skilled worker from overseas to travel to Australia, and work within their nominated occupation for up to four years.
A skilled worker with a 457 Visa can:
- Work and live in Australia for up to four years.
- Have the opportunity (if approved) to bring family with you to work and study as well.
- Travel in and out of Australia as often as you like.
Are you an employer who wants to sponsor?
Nomination is the process of an approved business identifying a position to be filled by a skilled worker from outside Australia.
A business can nominate to sponsor someone for this visa if they can’t find an Australian citizen or permanent resident who has the suitable skills required for the job.
How do candidates seek sponsorship?
Before you can apply for the visa, your employer must become an approved sponsor and nominate you for the position.
You are able to apply for the visa at the same time your employer lodges their applications to sponsor and nominate you.
How do I apply for a 457 Visa?
There are three main processes to gaining this Temporary Work Visa. These include:
- Sponsorship – Your employer applies for a Standard Business Sponsor status.
- Nomination – The same company elects for an existing or new occupation to be approved within the 457 subclass.
- Visa Application – As you get nominated by your employer, you’ll be given a notice of eligibility to apply for a 457 Work Visa. This should be the last and final step for you to gain approval in staying as a skilled worker in Australia.
If you want to attain the 457 Visa to work in Australia, our team have worked with many unique situations so we understand how daunting and tedious the process can be. We’ll help you navigate the migration process and what’s involved with attaining the 457 Skilled Work Visa. Ok! I want to speak to someone.
What should I prepare to gain the Visa?
As a migrant worker, you’ll need to create an immigrant account to continue your visa application. Be ready with the following qualifications:
- Sponsor’s required level of English proficiency
- Skills and experience to perform the job
- Arrangement with a health insurance provider
- Genuine intention to perform your work
- Completion of standard Visa requirements
Please contact us as soon as possible so that one of our highly experienced migration agent will give your some preliminary advice. We have years of experience in handling all paperwork from start to finish for your Standard Business Sponsorship application, Nomination application and subclass 457 visa application.
What are the limitations in applying for a 457 Visa?
You may work only for your nominating employer once your 457 Visa application gets approved. Should you decide to cease employment under your sponsoring company, you’ll be given 90 days before your visa gets cancelled or considered as void.
On the other hand, if you choose to transfer to another employer, your new company should apply for a nomination without the need to apply for another 457 Visa. Keep in mind you’ll need to follow the 90-day protocol upon transferring to a new employer.
Speak to Bose Australia Migration Services now
If you need more information about the 457 Skilled Work Visa, you may schedule a consultation with Bose Australia Migration Services. With thorough knowledge in immigration laws, we can process your documents within an efficient span of time.