Please fill out the form and Dan will contact you to discuss your visa options

Please Enter The Following Code



Partner Visa

What is the Partner Visa?

This Visa allows the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia. The average processing time for this visa is 12-15 months.

The first stage is gaining your temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) which allows you to:

  • Stay in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa
  • Work in Australia
  • Study in Australia without access to government funding
  • Enrol in Medicare

If you are granted permanent residency (subclass 801), you will then be entitled to:

  • Live in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • If eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
  • Receive certain social security payments
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is approved (You need will another visa to enter Australia after this period of time)

Am I eligible for the Partner Visa?

You need to be in a long term and genuine relationship with your partner and currently living with them. Any separation must be temporary.

Permanent residence isn’t usually granted less than two years from when you lodge your application. There are some exceptions where you could be granted a permanent visa before the two-year waiting period including;

  • When your relationship breaks down and there is a child involved
  • Your partner dies and you can show that your relationship would have continued if your partner was still living
  • Your relationship breaks down and there is evidence of suffering family violence
  • At the time you apply for your visa, you have been in a relationship with your partner for three years or more. Or, you have a dependent child together and have been in a relationship for two years or more.

Married applicants need to have a marriage valid under Australian law. Underage, polygamous and same-sex marriages are not legal in Australia however same-sex couples can apply for this visa based on their de facto relationship.

De Facto applicants must have been in a relationship for at least 12 months immediately before you apply. The time spent dating does not count.

There are also certain health requirements and character requirements that must be met.

I need to apply for a Partner Visa now

Dan from Bose Migration Services specialises in Partner/Spouse Visas. Call him on (07) 3861 5238 or fill out the enquiry form to schedule in a consultation at a convenient time for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Want to get started?

To discuss your unique situation and get you on track to obtain a visa, please fill out the form to the right or call an immigration agent at our Brisbane office on 61 7 3211 2850 today.

Please fill out the form and Dan will contact you to discuss your visa options

Please Enter The Following Code