What is the Working Holiday visa?
The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) was created to encourage cultural exchange and form closer ties between Australia and eligible countries. When you are approved for a Working Holiday visa you can:
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- Work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
- Study for up to four months
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
Applying for your first or second Working Holiday visa
You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa. If your first visa expires and you wish to stay, you need to apply for a second Working Holiday visa.
If you’re applying for your second Working Holiday visa, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. In addition, if you apply for the second visa outside of Australia, you must be outside Australian when the visa is granted.
Am I eligible for this visa?
You might be able to be approved for this visa if you:
- Have not previously entered Australia on another Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa
- Hold a valid passport from an eligible country as part of the Working Holiday Program in Australia
- Have turned 18 years old but have not yet turned 31
- Genuinely want to have a holiday in Australia
- Can support yourself and have enough money for your working holiday (about AUD 5000)
- Have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay
- Will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay
I want to know more about getting a Working Holiday visa
If you’re genuinely interested in holidaying and working Australia, we can help you make that happen. There are many requirements and conditions that need to be considered. Bose Migration Services can take away the hassle and get your application underway. Call us today on (07) 3861 5238 or fill out our enquiry form.